Thursday, October 2, 2008

'til we meet again

We had a special treat yesterday afternoon. Our friends who are moving this weekend came over to play. We love this family. They are kind and such good examples to our family. We all had fun playing together yesterday.
Erin wasn't home from school yet when this was taken, but we were thinking of her!

After dinner, the boys were all a bit antsy. My vegetable garden needed to be ripped out, so I had the boys come outside with me and rip out all the dead plants. While doing so, the boys found all sorts of bugs and worms. They were in heaven.
They would rip out the plants and throw them into our jungle (the wooded area beside out house). Here the fellas are scooping up some of the dirt of a plant that was overturned.
I couldn't resist this picture of our crazy-eyed son. What a ham!
As I mentioned above the fellas found all sorts of bugs and here they are examining some slugs. They were gross too. I picked up a pot and there was a slug on the bottom of it. That nasty slug left an awful residue on my hands that I actually had to scrub off. nappy!
Clyde came outside to watch us rip the plants out and he didn't come alone. He leashed up Uno to come out as well. I do not know how that dog did it, but she got free from the leash. She ran into the jungle, riled up the kids and then took off running at the speed of light, up the street. I told the kids to stay put while I yelped for her. I walked up the block to no success. I felt bad, but a part of me wasn't sad @ all. (She has been on the poop list lately.) I thought that would be one less thing to worry about. Bad I know. She has been chipped, so if someone found her then they'd only have to 1- take her to the pound, to which they would check to see if she was chipped, b- same with a vet, or really, 3- keep her. So, Clyde had told all the kids to stay inside while we went to look for Uno. I saw him on my way back to the house and then out of nowhere, came Uno running as fast as she could to me. I caught her & grabbed her by her collar to take her back up to the house. She was so wild & outta control that I couldn't hold her anymore and that's when Clyde grabbed her and wrestled her to the street to calm her down. (He has a nasty scratch on his arm to prove it.) Then, it happened. We saw our herd of children running in the street towards us. Penny was in the middle of the road and that's when we lost it. What were the kids thinking? Was Uno more important than their safety? or the safety of their baby sister? Needless to say, the kids punishment was a no go to Activity night or to scouts. That was sad too because it was Josh's first scout meeting. I didn't want that to be the last memory we had with our friends, but a lesson had to be learned.

No comments: