Monday, September 29, 2008

josh is 8!!

Today is little man, Joshua's 8th birthday. He was a bit sad this morning, because he couldn't find his bakugan toy. He perked up during breakfast, even though we still didn't find his toy. The wee Wardlings +1 and I went out and bought his class a snack and took it to him this morning. We got to school @ the perfect time, because his class was lining up to head out to lunch. I loved seeing Josh @ school today. Josh is such a sweet fella. He is truly a child without guile.
Joshua wanted a vanilla cake, with vanilla icing. So, Joshua...very simple and plain.
We have looked and looked for these bakugan toys...all the stores are sold out. I was heart broken yet again today to find nothing when I went to look for the bakagon figures. Clyde saved the day when he stopped in a store, on his way home from work, and they had them. Josh likes the little ones, but this big one is cool. Jacob was such a spoiler when Josh was opening his presents. Clyde had hidden the bakugan, telling Jacob that it was a secret. After Josh opened his other gifts, Jacob says, "Hey Josh, I know where your big bakugan is!" What a turdlet!
Josh got a few cards with a bit of green in them as well today from Bubbie and Pop Pop, as well as Mee Maw. Thank you, Thank you! He also got phone calls from Auntie Maylee and Edvis and Company.
I do not know if you remember last school year when I found a rotten banana in Joshua's backpack. Well, that little stinker did it again. I put a banana in his backpack for snack last week. I asked him, when he came home from school that day if he ate it, to which he responded yes. I usually do not look in his backpack (he brings out his notebook and HW and puts them on the table to do it in the afternoons. Then he puts his stuff back in his backpack etc. etc.) This afternoon, he said to me, "Mom, there is a rottened banana in my backpack." This time, I made him clean it out. It was gross too. It was all in the bottom of his backpack, on his folder, squished in between the pages of his notebook, on the pages of a school book, & on his manilla Monday folder. Alright already...lesson learned, no more bananas for Josh's snack! I get it!!
Happy Birthday Josh!

1 comment:

maylee said...

He is one of the coolest kids i know...but you guys all know that :) Happy Birthday Josh!!