Tuesday, October 7, 2008

weekend happenings & farewell

This year we watched conference on the computer. I loved not having to leave the house. I sat and listened, while knitting away. The other Wardlings did things on their own. Some took naps, while others played. Libby wasn't to thrilled with how long conference was. I think it was because I asked her to sit and listen to President Monson's talk and even though it really wasn't long, it was too long for a 10 year old. Penny sat @ my feet playing with my knitting needles. She wrapped a few of them around her toes.
Sunday is was a bit calmer here in the brown house. Kids went into Papa and Grammy's room, instead of ours that morning, so we got a bit more rest. I am always up for more sleep. Grammy and a few of the Wardlings set up games and played them. They also helped Grammy make a peach cobbler.
However, being the grandparents of more Wardlings, they had to leave to make more visits. We really enjoyed our visit with Papa and Grammy.
Before they left, Papa had gotten some sparkling apple cider to toast Josh and his baptism. We pulled out our New Year's Eve pretty goblets to drink out of.
Hugs, kisses, and goodbyes followed the cider.

What a fun weekend. Now I have the task of cleaning up after the fun weekend. It may take the entire week!

No comments: