Monday, October 13, 2008

not my proudest moment

I had promised the Wardlings plus one, that we would go to the park for a picnic lunch for a week now. Either the rain, speech, educational therapy, or having an extra child during the day has stopped us. Penny's speech teacher called yesterday to say that her son had strep throat and was cancelling speech for today, giving us time to go to the park and time to take a good nap. After Penny's first speech therapist left, we packed our lunch and went to the park. (We have 2 therapists who service Penny's speech.)
Two thirds of the Wardlings plus one, loved this spider web like thing.
One did not...
Why is Penny dressed this way you ask? Well, it turns out that Penny had to pee. She signed 'potty' and ran off, so I thought that it couldn't be as urgent. I was wrong. Dead wrong. She climbed to the top of the playground equipment and peed. This is so uncharacteristic of Penny. She has done extremely well with the potty training. I had taken the spare pair of pants out of my purse, when R and I went to get our hair cut together on Friday and hadn't returned them. Thankfully, I had a spare pair of panties and put them on her and thankfully it was a warm day, because my daughter is running around in her underwear, in public. Then she comes up to me, because her croc-a-likes are rubbing a blister on the inside of her foot. I take off my (Clyde's) socks and put them on her feet. This afternoon was not my proudest moment for being a prepared mom. Resourceful yes, proud no.

3 comments:

Cyndie said...

Au contraire--you sound very resourceful to me!

ashley said...

what i failed to mention was that jacob also had to pee and dropped his pants and peed where he stood. (perk to being a boy...) then our plus one had to go & since the bathrooms were too far away to make it, she peed over the railing @ the park. sweet huh?!

maylee said...

wow...that's all i can say at this point! Penny does look quite cute though in her little get up!