Monday, October 13, 2008

REI garage sale

This is what we got, plus a pair of pants, for the price of the shoe @ full price below, would've been.
This is just some silly, REI gear wear fun for Clyde.

Have you heard of this?! I love garage sales, but this is great. REI, the great camping, biking, outdoor store, had a bi-annual garage sale of the things that were returned. Some good friends of ours told us about this great sale. The catch is that you have to be an REI member and none of the stuff you buy is returnable. The one time membership fee is $20 and it is a lifetime membership. Not bad. Clyde was so enthusiastic about going that we bought a membership.

Saturday was the day of the garage sale. We tried to figure out a way to go without the Wardlings, but it just wasn't going to happen. We awoke, got dressed and left for the sale. When we arrived there was this long, ginormous line that was wrapped around the building. Apparently one guy got there @ 11pm, THE NIGHT BEFORE, to be the first one there. Now that is some wicked dedication! We were a smidge further back, but once the line started moving, it went pretty quickly. The Wardlings waited in the van until we got a close parking spot infront of the store. Then, we all got out and waited with Clyde. One lady infront of me asked if all those kids were mine and I had to laugh. My friend R, laughed too. Really, would they be with me on a Saturday if they ALL WEREN'T MINE?!! I just smiled, laughed and told her yes. When we got into the corral, of the garage sale, it was mania. People were pushing and shoving, grabbing arms full of stuff and then taking their stash in a corner to check everything out. We had some good friends, R & L, that were about 5 -10 people infront of us and boy does she have an eagle eye! She was grabbing stuff and handing it to me for me to check out. It was kinda fun. The girls stayed with me, while the boys went with Clyde. Erin was a bit intimidated and @ one point, I was pushing her through the crowd to be able to meet up with Clyde. I need to mention that she was trying to walk backwards, so I was pushing her pretty hard. Penny would drop weight on me, so it was a struggle to hold things and Penny, while keeping track of the girls as well. Next year, no Wardlings!

We scored a good lot. We ended up getting 4 pairs of Keens, 1 pair of Mary Jane Crocs, another pair of leather topped Crocs, & pants for Clyde for less than the price of one pair of shoes. Sweet!

4 comments:

Shena said...

Please let me know when this is on again! I love REI and KEENS!

Anonymous said...

wow! what some people will do for a bargain-you are good at bargains.
Audra (I think it say anonymous, but it's me:)

ashley said...

will do.

maylee said...

The Tick!! AHA!!!!!