Saturday, October 18, 2008

chili cook-off derby

Tonight was our ward's chili cook-off and no rules pinewood derby race. We were a bit naive when it came time to the cars. Me, being a girl, didn't think to look in the box to check out the car, until this afternoon. That's when I saw that it was simply a block of wood. Panicked, the boys and I ran to get a few supplies to help shape it...sandpaper and a saw. The Wardlings all had their input into the car. Either the choice of paint color, or who to put in the drivers seat. Next year, we won't be so naive and get a better go @ it, along with having a car for each of the Wardlings, instead of just the one family car.

Here's what we came up with... It is our orange, R2D2 race car.
...the competition.
Our race, which we lost.
Enthused spectators...
And the Wardlings in it's entirety. That's right...Penny also has her finger up her nose. Classy!
Clyde had this brilliant idea to bring our chili in with style. He was planning for us to bring in the chili while blasting the Rocky theme song, but we couldn't find the right cd, with the song on it. Clyde searched for a minute until he came across "We are the Champions!" by Queen. I have to admit, I was a smidge embarrassed but I did it with pride for my sugar lump. I love my Clyde! We didn't win the chili cook-off either, but we did have some dang good chili from our chef Clyde!!

No comments: