Thursday, October 23, 2008

sick uno sick

Yesterday afternoon, when the older Wardlings arrived home from school, they noticed a change in Uno. One- she was limping and b- she just wasn't feeling well. Odd. This is the dog that can jump over Jacob and Penny's head and will chase her pal, Wilson (our volleyball..get it Wilson??) around the yard for hours.
We did take advantage of her calmness, to give her a nice bath, which she fell asleep during and to clip & file her nails. The last task is usually a 2 person job. Clyde holds her while I clip. I called the vet this morning to see what was up. To have her seen and possibly x-rayed, along with meds, would cost us around $200. I think that we will hold back and see if our pal Uno feels better on her own. I mean really, our children's dr. appointments don't run us that much. The Wardlings have been quite attentive to her needs. They have brought her treats, which she isn't too interested in, blankets, water, and all the love a puppy can get.

On a happier note, we have had some pals over to play. They all piled on the escalade and rode around the yard. Well, until we could hear the escalade saying, "I think I can, I think I can..." and that's when we decided to let the escalade rest.



1 comment:

maylee said...

Poor Uno..i know she is getting all the love she needs (and then some) from your kidlets! Looks like fun times in the back yard!