Wednesday, October 29, 2008

mismarking

Yesterday evening, we had to run get a few groceries. I know there are some out there that do not like the blue store and prefer the red bulls eye. However, I go where ever is cheaper for groceries. Josh has been obsessed with having a yo yo, so we couldn't leave the store without hitting the toys. We happened to come across a clearance shelf and whenever there is a light saber on it we stop and take a peek. We were in luck. This light saber was marked on clearance for .500 . Sweet! We finish up our grocery shopping and go to check out. I showed the gal the label and she scanned it telling me that it was $5. I told her to look at the sticker again, because the sticker says .500, making it 5o cents. She argued with me. She even took the light saber to go get a second opinion and came back telling me that it was $5. This will not do. I argued and argued with this gal, telling her that it doesn't matter how much it rings up @, the sticker says 50 cents. It just so happened that a manager walked by and the gal said, 'this woman says that this is 50 cents when it is $5." and then showed her the sticker, where it said .500 . I was glowing when the manager said, "well, she's right!" The smile/ smirk couldn't be wiped off my face. I think that I spooked my Wardlings, because i wasn't backing down.

The Wardlings have their Fall parties this week and as such, they all needed treats to go to their classes. Penny, even though she isn't in school, grabbed a favorite...dum dum suckers.




2 comments:

maylee said...

Oh Ashley, you're the best sister anyone could ever have! I can just see you now, not budging w/ that light saber!

ashley said...

i was determined to get that light saber!! :)