Tuesday, October 21, 2008

voting conspiracy

Clyde has all sorts of conspiracy theories and I think that, over the years, they have rubbed off on me. Tonight's events have brought out a few theories of my own. This year, Clyde wanted us to do the early vote. We snarfed down dinner and left, giving us a little time to get to the early voting poll. When we approached the intersection that we needed to turn down, this is what we saw...The police had blocked off the road from this intersection to about 50 feet past the voting poll. Clyde and I thought of several possibilities as to why the street was closed. One being that maybe there were so many people going to vote early, that the police were there to help direct traffic. Two- something or someone had been such a disturbance causing possible harm that they were there to calm things down, C- an accident had occured or 4- that they were setting up a barrier to prevent voters. (hmmm...)
We thought that we'd be smart and drive around the block in order to enter the street from a different direction. (Remember...time is a tickin' to get to the poll...) When we came to the street that the voting poll was located, it was blocked off again. dang it... This time I stopped and asked the policeman how we were to get to the poll to vote. The policeman told me that the street was closed due to a bad accident which led to a death & was being investigated. Then told me how to get back to the main road and urged me to go. Weird. The only cars we saw on the street were police cars, blocking the road to traffic coming in and going out, but only around the voting poll. If there had been an accident wouldn't there be 1- the smooshed car and a gurney, b- EMT's or firetrucks or d- a tow truck of sorts or 4- a crime scene investigative person or crew?? Where were all those people? We are talking 20-50 people that should've been in the street. Where were they?

Clyde had me drop him off at the corner, closest to the poll and he decided that he was going to walk down to the voting station. The police allowed him to walk through and then said that I could get through with the car. I did have to turn around again to get down the street. Then once I got to the corner, another police man stopped me to see where I was going. I told him I was going to vote. He said that I could go down the street, but had to exit back the same way.

We did make it to vote...with mere minutes to spare...7 to be exact. We didn't have to wait either. nice. The Wardlings cast their votes as well.

And mysteriously, the intersection and street were completely cleared after the voting hours were over. (This was taken 13 minutes after the polls were closed.) Seriously-Was this a conspiracy to keep people away from the polls??

No comments: