Wednesday, August 27, 2008

wardlings back home

This is how the 2 Wardlings left @ home reacted to their brother and sisters being away for the 1st day of school. Jacob started the day in the usual way. He wanted to pick a video. I'll give you one guess...that's right Star Wars III. "Anakin, you were my brother!" Jacob arranged his pillows on his chest, like a table and he play fought with his star wars babies until he fell asleep.
Penny was out by 11am. Old routines are showing their faces. I like it! She cuddled up in her bed, under the blanket Bubbie made us when I was pregnant with Jacob. I love that blanket!
It rained for the most of the day yesterday and so getting the big Wardlings off the bus was done rapidly. They both hunched their heads, so that they wouldn't get wet. It was just barely sprinkling, unlike the complete down pouring of today, so they looked a bit silly.

We hurried into the house and talked about their day. It was a good day for both of them. I am quite relieved. Erin and Clyde had a good day as well. Erin is learning her routine and class changes well. She is making friends and it is nice to know that the teachers are all looking out for her. That is just another perk of having her @ the same school that Clyde teaches in!
Last night, after dinner and chore time, we watched a film, that kinda got a bad rap. Now, I must say that I haven't read the books that they are based on, so what has been said about them may, in fact be true. We netflixed, "The Golden Compass," and I watched the majority of it before allowing the Wardlings to watch it. It is pretty good. Narnia-ish. The rumors and such about the film have said that the characters kill God in the end. That didn't happen in this film. Demons are in it, but demons aren't what we think they are or used to them being. Demons in this film are the children's souls, taking on a various animal shapes. They are a good thing to have. They are helpers. Just fyi, in case you needed another children's flick to netflix.
After the kids went to bed, I then put in, National Treasure II. (I am working on Christmas gifts and I needed something to listen to/ watch whilst knitting.) We had started the film a few days ago, but I was in my huge allergy attack mode and med's had kicked in. I was trying to keep my eyes open, but they became too heavy. Besides, I couldn't stand to look @ Nicholas Cage's hair piece any longer. It really bothered me. Seriously bothered me! I had watched over 1/2 of it, so it was mainly the last hour that I finished last night. It was ok. All in all, yesterday was a good day.

2 comments:

becca said...

i totally ditto the hair piece thing... just as bad as tom hanks in da vinci code.

ashley said...

with all the special affects these days, one would imagine that there is something better than what they did. it was way distracting to the film.