Sunday, August 31, 2008

i must win uno

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I must win @ uno. I do not care if my opponents are my own children. Clyde and I have stopped playing the game due to major arguments and I stand strong @ the draw two war rule. Long story. Friday night, Clyde, Peter, and Jamey went to a Superchunk concert @ the Cat's Cradle, which left me and the Wardlings home to play. We had a fun time goofin' off too. We took Uno, the wonder dog, for a walk around the block for some exercise. She is still learning to walk beside us, so it took bunches of arm strength to keep her close to me, while watching after the Wardlings. Then it was home and bath time. Clyde surprised us with dinner, so that saved me from cooking and the Wardlings from eating my food. It isn't as if I am a total bad cook, it is just that Clyde does it a lot better than I do.After bath time, since they were all stinky Wardlings after an afternoon of playing outside, we got out the card game of uno for an evening of fun.
As soon as the cards were shuffled, I told them the rules, which comes down to one really. Mama always wins. I distributed the cards evenly and we began to play. Even Penny had her 7 cards. She played by matching colors only. The other Wardlings played by matching colors or numbers. As luck had it..hee hee...I won. I was so excited too. No mercy!
We popped some popcorn and shared a chocolate, before the game ended.


What a fun night...well it was for me anyway. :)

1 comment:

maylee said...

Hahahaha, Josh's picture makes me laugh!!