Tuesday, August 26, 2008

teary-eyed twinge

A tradition we have is the first day of school photograph. Our little man, Josh got up this morning without any delays. He got dressed and was ready to go. How handsome!
Libby-lou's pretty smile is great.
Jacob doesn't start kindergarten this year. He will begin, Mama's school soon.
And finally Miss Penny.

I spent yesterday hemming pants and repairing various other articles of clothing. Libby is sporting a pair of pants that Erin ripped the knees out of this past spring. I cut them off, hemmed them, and it was sweet that she chose to wear them today. I did the same thing to another pair of pants of Erin's that had a wicked nasty stain on the knees. I cut them off and made bermuda length shorts and she wore those today. I love getting more use out of our clothes!
Libby got up this morning great. She was nervous, but got dressed, ate breakfast without a hitch. They have a way late lunch this year, so we were sure to pack a snack. Last year I was a bit teary-eyed when I walked the Wardlings to class on their 1st day. This year there was a twinge, but then the girls started arguing over a hair clip. I re-thought my teary-eyed twinge and was grateful that they were going to school. yippeeeee!!!

No comments: