Thursday, August 7, 2008

morkie mall

A few days ago we had the elders from our ward over for dinner. We love having the missionaries in our home for meals. Our Wardlings admire them so much. As I mentioned in a previous post, Jacob loved our tall elder so much that he gave him his red light saber. Wow! Then this week, when the elders came over, Jacob gave the other elder his purple Mace Windu light saber. I must say that this is so special to Jacob. The elders must've made such a rockin impression on our young Wardling. The tall elder asked if I would help him alter a few shirts. I am sure that having a good seamstress is way important to someone of his height. His shirts fit him length wise, but not in width. I took them in by several inches on each side. Tuesday night he called and said that he was being transferred and obviously needed his shirts. The elders stopped by last night to get shirts, but to also spend a few more minutes with Jacob and Josh. (I was out with the gals watching "Sisterhood of the Travelling pants" so I missed their visit.)


Last night, several of the Wardlings asked Clyde if we would take them to the mall today. We used to go simply to walk around. I guess they missed it. After speech today, we took the Wardlings to the mall & walked around. We were so surprised to see the changes. We haven't been to the mall in months upon months. Lots of the stores have either closed or have ghetto replacement shops in them. It was fun to spend time with everyone, but I am thinking that was the last time that we'd visit the mall.

While in the mall, we stopped in the pet store. The rabbits were so cute, but I was too cautious to pick them up...allergies. We did ask to hold a Morkie...a mix of a Yorkie and a Maltese. Penny loved this puppy!



We brought the stroller with us today. Penny hadn't taken a nap yet and there was a part of me that was hoping that she'd fall asleep. No such luck. She did however do really well without her diaper. We are potty training and I am scared to type this in fear that she will start peeing everywhere...exorcist style. No accidents @ the mall!!! Anyway, she was tired of riding in the stroller and so we let her walk. Every time we'd pass the escalator, she'd point to herself and then to it. Clyde wanted to go into a shop and so the big girls and I took Penny up the escalator. We rode it 6 times going up and then down. She loved it!! She cried for a few minutes when I told her we were all done.
What a fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, as you know, in fashion, one day you're in and the next day, you're out. With your stylish mango crocs and your cute pigtails, your outfit made us smile. Ashley, you're in. However, we saw you in those tacky peppermint patty birkenstocks, and sorry to say, you're out. Au Wiederzene!! Kiss, Kiss. Clean up your work station and get out!

ashley said...

next time sweetie pie- you can leave your name...I love you clyde!