Thursday, August 7, 2008

le tournament

Originally team Cal was ranked 7 outta 8. When we got to the game, a team said that they had to forfeit last weeks' game due to lack of players, and so it bumped us up to 6th place instead. So, instead of playing the #2 team, we played the #3 team, the orange team. The game started out pretty well. We were evenly matched I felt. A few of team l'orange members were a bit jerky. One of them even got a yellow card for ramming the brother in the brother/ sister duo on our team. The brother flipped over and spiraled in the air. He did hit the ground but bounced up so quickly, with cat reflexes. I was amazed that he went back into the game. Clyde had some amazing saves tonight. I have really enjoyed watching my Clyde play soccer this soccer season.

Below is my Clyde throwing the ball back into play after one of his many saves.
One ball came @ him and he tipped it outta the net. That ball was headed in too.
A friend of ours little girl and Penny were sharing some crackers and I tried to get them to look @ me. I said to the girls, "hey- say cheese!" And Penny signed cheese instead of saying it. I got a good giggle from it.
Team Cal lost something like 5-2, but it was a very well played game. My camera battery died so I wasn't able to get as many shots as I'd hoped to get for the finale.

No comments: