Tuesday, August 26, 2008

hi, ho...hi ho, it's off to school they go

We made it safe and sound to the Wardlings' new school. We were actually a bit early. I was expecting to have more people there and we were pleasantly surprised.

In the classroom...
Libby was excited to be @ school today. We took her to class first. She got her stuff out and organized. This is her, 'get outta here, you're embarrassing me" smile, to me, before we left.
Josh was way cute in his room. He got to his desk and was ready. When I hugged him good-bye, he wrapped his arm around my head and patted my ear. I briefly talked to his teacher before we left and as I turned around he was already sitting @ his desk working on his morning work. I said 'bye Josh' and he didn't even look up while waving bye to me. He did the same wave to Clyde after Clyde said bye to him as well.
Our local news station was @ our school this morning. That was very exciting for the Wardlings to see.
I think tht we have turned a page in the level of affection we can show our Wardlings while others are in view. At home they are all cuddily, but not in public. I need to remember that, or just take it to the next level...Uncle Buck style...you know threatening to walk them to class in my pj's and bathrobe, while wearing curlers and slippers if they can't give a little peck on the cheek.

No comments: