Monday, August 18, 2008

assistant ashley

Clyde asked me to come to school today and help him decorate his classroom. Mom agreed to watch the Wardlings for me so that I could go. Thanks Mom!! I helped hang posters and make a bunch of Ashley-type things...signs with "Mr. Ward", "know your rights", etc. etc. I had so much fun working with my sweetheart today. It was fun hanging things and helping him decide where posters should go. We got this one poster from D.C. during our Christmas trip, from the Lincoln Memorial gift shop, with Abraham Lincoln on it. Clyde and I hung it, but unfortunately we hung it slightly crooked. It is going to bug Clyde all year. I give him maybe a week, before he takes it down and reattaches it to the wall. I also got to meet one of Erin's new teachers and see where Erin's classes are. Open house for her is this week.

I had to stop and photograph this farm on the way to Clyde's school. Obviously I have seen it before, because after all, Clyde is teaching @ my old middle school. It is weird to walk around it's halls again, re-living the 8th grade. Now, my daughter is attending and boy do I feel old.

This is how I grew up, looking outside and seeing the mountains. This photo doesn't give this farm justice. Had I pulled over 100 yard up, there was an even better killer view. The camera may have to go to school with Clyde one day to get a better picture. That's one of the reasons that I loved Asheville. The mountains. I loved living in Asheville. I loved driving through mountains and tunnels to go places. I loved waking up to snow nearly everyday of the winter months, even if it was a mere dusting. I loved being able to back our stick-shift VW Fox out of steep driveways. I miss that car btw...I miss driving stick-shifts. oh...the power! arh, arh, arh!!
This was a great day. I got to see my folks, our Wardlings had a great day @ Bubbie and PopPop's, and best of all, I got to spend the afternoon with my sweetheart.

No comments: