Saturday, August 23, 2008

all in a saturday

Lately Saturdays have been ho hum around here...mainly because of Clyde's work schedule, or lack there of I should say for the summer. However, today was one of the busier Saturdays of our summer. This morning started out with a very special baptism of a friend's son. It was very nice to be in attendance of that. I made me think of Josh's baptism to come next month. Where does the time go? It was a nice way to start the day!

After the baptism we were off to my niece's 1st birthday party. We met my brother and wife, along with my folks, my newlywed brother, another niece & nephew, and few friends, @ their neighborhood pool for some swimming fun. All of the Wardlings had a blast! Josh and Jacob were being thrown around by their uncles and they loved it. Erin, Libby, & Josh all strutted their stuff whilst diving from the diving board. Jacob and Penny weren't allowed off the board with their armies on. It didn't stop them from jumping into the pool from the side.

After the pool we headed back to my brother's house for a cook-out birthday party. the birthday girl! (note her fangs! Her mother said that they should've named her Bella...)
Baby A and Libby
the party crowd
our gift. I am proud to say that I made it all. I think that the shirt and pants turned out really cute. I do have to say that the knitted dress was my favorite. A friend of mine knitted Penny a green one when she was born and it is one of my 'must-keep' favorites.

Then it was off to Costco to go grocery shopping. Back to school stuff and food is way expensive! It was nice having the summer free from packing lunches. I have been picking things up all summer, for the back to school items that were needed. I am so grateful for stores over ordering and hence marking the overages down for us to buy.

Then we came home unloaded the van and cleaned it out. Everything from windows to the floors. We took the seats out and gave the good ole mini van a good 'warshin'. Ahh.. Saturdays...

2 comments:

maylee said...

i want a knitted dress like that!!!

ashley said...

you are too kind!!