Saturday, August 9, 2008

a day @ duke

Yesterday Erin had an eye appointment @ Duke Hospital. We thought that we'd make a field trip out of it and tour Duke Campus. Wow is it beautiful! The architecture of all the buildings is just amazing. Clyde went to Duke last fall for a football game and he said that the buildings reminded him of Hogwarts. As we walked around yesterday it felt as if we were in Hogwarts. His description was dead on!


Clyde loves Duke. Maryland is #1, but Duke is a close almost neck-n-neck love. He really likes Krzyzewski. I think because it is a Polish name. He also said that there are names in Polish way longer then Krzyzewski. I think that Clyde was hoping to see Coach K, but later felt silly when he remembered that he was in Bejing for the Olympics.
Can you see Jacob??
This is the Catherdal on campus. When we arrived the organ was blasting as we walked by the church.

This is the inside. It is huge. The doors however were very tiny...narrow I should clarify.
There were dozens of stain-glass windows. Josh really liked them. There were knights and swords on a few of them.
After Duke tour, we were off to the hospital. I wasn't the only one unimpressed with the long wait.
When her dr. walked in I think she could tell that I wasn't too thrilled that we waited for nearly 2 hours to see her. She wanted another test to be done, but since we had a wedding rehearsal to go to, and the drive back, we didn't have time. I had said that we could've done this while we were waiting. I also told her that I wasn't going to drive back to Duke for the one appointment. We would have to arrange several to make the trip back. She said that the NF team was meeting soon, so they would then coordinate a few more dr.'s appointments in one trip.



No comments: