Tuesday, August 12, 2008

soccer party

Tonight we had a celebration with the members of Clyde's soccer team @ our house. (That is nice to type BTW... our house...) We had a nice sized group of friends come over to celebrate the end of the season. There was such a nice spread of food too. Everyone brought something...food like pasta salads, veggie pizza, nacho salad, salsa and chips etc. yummy yummy. Clyde is always after me about taking so many pictures. He asks why I have to live the experience through the lens of the camera and not just enjoy it. I like to preserve the memory. I can look @ the photo and remember what the day was like, who was there, how I felt that particular day, and so on. (If I only had a pensieve ...Harry Potter reference, for those who haven't read those awesome books... to put my thoughts and memories in to store them, I wouldn't need to have so many pictures to jump start my brain.) Tonight when we had our friends over, I only got pictures of the children riding in our well loved escalade. Clyde then asked why I didn't get pictures of the guests @ our party. I guess I was just enjoying the moment of gathering with our friends.

Penny was being such a good friend. She held on to her friend to help hold her in place. How thoughtful!
Penny took her hand @ driving too and I'm glad that we still have a house after her ramming into it and our fence. Jacob usually does the driving and she loves to ride. They will ride the escalade until the battery dies. Our friend's little girl also had a chance to drive the car before leaving. It was really cute to watch.
Some liked the ride and others didn't. I think that this little fella was just a bit scared after riding down our hill. He sat and held onto the windshield like he was going down a big roller coaster. I seriously hope that it didn't scare him too badly.

No comments: