Saturday, February 7, 2009

white dress

A friend from church asked me last week if I would help her in making an 'after baptism' dress for her daughter. I was thrilled to help out. We discussed the pattern on Wednesday night @ church and she brought over fabric, with the pattern on Thursday night. I immediately got to work cutting out the fabric, realizing that she didn't buy enough. Friday morning, I ran out to run an errand for Clyde and stopped in @ JoAnns. Once we got home, I began the job. The dress was nearly done by early evening. Here it is...
The fabric they chose was beautiful! It was a bit tough to sew through the flowers that were on it. I think that the dress turned out great. I hope that they like it.

To add some poofiness, I made a crenolin. I used the left over scraps to help poof the dress out. The little girl could use this as just a skirt when it is all over.

No comments: