Thursday, February 26, 2009

darn it!

I love these shoes! Clyde bought me a black pair for my birthday last year. The black ones are oh so comfy. They were completely broken in, right out of the box. I actually bought another pair of the Keens, because I liked the first pair so much. Unfortunately, one pair of the Keens' fabric started to buckle on the inside and it would rub my toes. I didn't like that. Thanks to the REI membership return policy, I took the buckled pair back in and exchanged them for the same shoe, just in seal brown. The store was closing so I had to hurry and only tried on one shoe. They fit, we exchanged, and then we left. When we got home, I proudly put on the shoes and the left shoe was too tight. I took them back the next day and learned that they didn't have another pair in my size, but their Raleigh store did. So we made the order and they came the very next day. Turns out that they killed my feet. I am so bummed. Aren't they adorable?? I guess that the seal brown Keen Calistoga's and I aren't meant to be. Darn it! (I returned them again and just got my money back.)

On the brighter side, Erin got new glasses this week. She saw these fabulous-o red frames back in December and fell in love. When she was out of school last week for her orthodontist appointment, we ordered them. We are so blessed! The place that we went for glasses doesn't accept our insurance. (The nearest place that does is in Raleigh,because her Opthamologist is @ Duke. different story.) The eye Dr. was so nice because he didn't charge me full price for the lenses and threw in the no glare. Then for a mere $12 more they threw in transition lenses. We are so very blessed! Plus-She is so cute!

2 comments:

maylee said...

She is so cute! And those are some snazzy glasses too :). Oh, im truely sorry about your shoes...i know how you are about shoes and i know that it was a great disappointment...but we can move forward from this Ashley. There are so many more shoes out there with your name all over them!

ashley said...

but the calistoga's are so very pretty! just not worth the pain. {sigh}