Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ward family valentine's

We wanted to celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday this year. To be honest, we usually do not celebrate valentine's day as a family. I think it is a made up retail holiday. We picked up Erin from Bubbie's house and headed back to the Emerald City to go to BestBuy. BestBuy is to Clyde, what JoAnn's is to me. Clyde knew exactly what he wanted and got it. We stopped @ the guitar hero setup for some quick Wardling play time. We have people stop us all the time to ask us about our children. If they don't talk to us, then we catch them counting or staring. (note the slideshow below.) Penny got into the fun, but when it was time to share, she had a complete meltdown. The funniest part of the guitar hero was Josh's gaping mouth. He couldn't play the guitar unless his mouth was wide open. We laughed and laughed!! :)
Clyde wanted to take us to one of my favorite places to eat...Cracker Barrel. Boy do I love that place. I love the feel of it. I think it is the country girl in me. As a treat we have a small tradition where we let the Wardlings each pick a small treat. Clyde's treat were those wax candy soda bottle things. (Nearly hands down THE WORST candy ever! besides the horehound candy that we had as kids. do you know about that candy?) He played it up as the best stuff ever. I was totally grossed out and ruined his surprise for the Wardlings. sorry honey! We did have a fun family date night for Valentine's day. I love my family!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we are gonna have some of those wax bottles for dinner one night. Delicious.

Riah said...

Funny but I love horehound candy. I am with you though on the wax bottles. Yuck!!!

ashley said...

i wonder if the horehound candy is a western thing. mom grew up in oregon. hmmm. interesting. i may have to have you send me some for my mom. she loved that stuff.