Friday, February 20, 2009

finished!! (finally)

The red room is now finished. Here are a few pictures of the after.

Jacob helped me paint on day 2 of painting. I was a bit selfish in my painting and didn't want to share. I really wanted to do this myself. I told my Wardlings that when their rooms are clean, then they can help me paint their rooms. (note- I said help ME paint.)
My fabric stash all organized. I thought I did good, organizing it by color and by fabric type. I sorted it and even gave some away. Then this evening I was hunting my drill charger in the garage, which is still MIA, and found 2 more boxes of fabric. Time to sort and give more away.

I need to hide all those cords. hmmm... We also changed the light fixture. Since the red room was the official dining room, it had a silver chandelier. Clyde was always hitting his head on it and out of habit, walked into the room ducking his head. We had my Dad's plumbers from Cecil Plumbing over this week to fix a pipe and they installed the fan for me. Thanks!!
One room down...several more to go!

5 comments:

Mary said...

i love it ashley! you put a lot of work into it!
m

ashley said...

who knew that we could have so much stuff! thanks mary!

becca said...

that IS a nice yellow...

ashley said...

thanks becca!

Riah said...

Congrats on getting all done. There is just something completely satisfying about getting a room painted. I myself love to paint, so I know how you feel.