Thursday, February 5, 2009

penny's pneumonia

Penny is feeling a bit better today. She is still coughing and hacking up crud from her chest, not to mention the loveliness that comes out of her nose. Her fever has gone away and that is good. She has been more tired these past few days. Right now, even as I blog, she is signing 'bed.' A nurse from our Pediatrician's office called yesterday to check on Penny. She gave us some signs to look for...dehydration, wheezing etc. If Penny began to wheeze @ all we were to call them asap. She didn't wheeze yesterday, though she still sounds raspy. This morning, she was close to my head and I could hear some serious wheezing. I gave her a hit of her albuterol and it took care of the wheezing, but not the raspies. I called the dr.s office and they wanted to see if she was still wheezing right after lunch and if so, then we'll have to take her back in to be checked out. This has hit our Penny hard. We all hope that she feels better soon!

**update on Sat. Feb.7th**
Penny is doing better. I didn't have to take her in to see the pediatrician again. She isn't running a fever, but still has the cruddy cough. She still has the runny nose and a smidge of the wheezing and raspies. I am so thankful for the albuterol! She still tires out easily and has been ready for her morning nap by 10am, which is earlier than normal. I even think that a few of us have managed to get a bit of the junkies too. yeah for us! ugh :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the little pigeot du chuttelle is feeling better soon.

ashley said...

thanks! us too!

Anonymous said...

Poor little Pen.