Saturday, January 31, 2009

REI garage sale part deux

Clyde caught wind of another REI garage sale about 2 weeks ago. I got up early this morning to go sit in line. (I got there around 7:15ish.) It was freezing!! I brought some knitting to finish, but my hands were too cold, even with gloves on, to keep knitting. I was wearing a shirt, sweater, hoodie, hat, scarf, long wool coat, 2 pairs of socks, with long johns and I swear my toes were numb! They hurt, they were so cold.
Clyde got there around 9:15 and waited the remaining time with me. He even brought me a chick-fil-a biscuit and hot chocolate. How sweet!

Was it worth the wait in the freezing weather?



I must say yes! Look @ the loot! We got all of these shoes for less than the full price of the boots, which are for me! The Keen sandals were brand new!! We got the pair Erin is wearing for less than $2 and the teal ones were less than $5. The other sandals were $8. Clyde also bought a pair of pants and a computer case, which is is that price of less than the pair of boots full price.I love these garage sales!!
When I got to the store, there was a familiar face. She nestled down and got warm and comfy on the sidewalk. Any guesses to whom this warm gal is? (1 hint...she is my visiting teacher...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a DC flashback sleeping on the ground