Saturday, January 10, 2009

finished headwrap

I finished up my newest headwrap tonight. This was a picture of the original pattern from the Knitty knitting blog.
This was mine all done. Mine is a bit wider, but it may simply be that Libby, in her youth and smaller head, is modeling it for me. I did downsize my needle size, so I may need to go down another size or two, to get the right width for my gauge.

I like that the wrap covers her ears. I have this thing where I like to have my ears and the ears of the people I knit for covered up. If it is too short, then I must add more rows. Plus, I found some rockin' buttons to add to the wrap which complete it nicely.
I knitted another one this week with double strands of yarn, blue and white. While it made it thicker and thus warmer, it was still a bit too wide. This is my learning process with the pattern. In the mean time, I will have fun knitting up a few more of these beauties.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

That is really cute! You are so talented!!

Anonymous said...

They look cool. Can half bald men where them?

ashley said...

mr. anonymous- sure half bald men can wear them...i just don't think that the wrap would keep your head as warm. :)

Kayc said...

Hey Ashley.....let me know when i can buy a few of those from you! I love them, and we need some here in Wyoming!

ashley said...

hi ya Kaycee-
just email with how many and what color. i'll see if i have the colors in my stash. and what type of yarn...wool, cotton etc. :)

maylee said...

I wanna place my order too! I like the multi-colored one in the top pic!