Monday, January 12, 2009

costume safari

Last week a gal from our ward, who co-owns a local costume shop here in the Emerald City, asked me to come in and help her out this week. I had so much fun today! The perk is that Jacob and Penny got to come along with me. Jacob loved playing in the costume shop and finding random costume items...cowboy hats, dinosaur helmets, pirate axes, gangster guns, clown wigs, fireman hats, and anything else that he could. It was if he was on a safari to find the coolest thing to play with. Penny was right behind him finding fun things to keep herself occupied. What a fun place to play in today! Meanwhile I helped alter costumes for plays. There is a play to be in February and the actors were to come in to be measured. I had 2 come in while I was there. I am thinking that tomorrow when I return to help out, there will be many (close to 40-50) more actors to be measured. All the fun and excitement was too much for Penny. She was signing sleep for over an hour, before our friend found her a comfy chair to catch some z's. (I was working on the dress on the mannequin to the right. I had to hem the skirt and let out the bodice.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch how you measure the "actors." I saw that episode of Friends. Don't forget the Abe Lincoln outfit for Clyde.