Friday, January 2, 2009

new traditions

As a new family tradition we decided that we would watch the Lord of the Rings triology in it's entirety on New Years day. We have stuck to our old tradition of 7-up and cherries to bring in the new year. We wanted something new this year, so we started "Fellowhip of the Ring" @ 10 in the morning and it didn't finish "Return of the King" until 10pm. A few of the Wardlings were thrilled to watch the movies while others just weren't. They would watch a bit of it and then run off to find something else to play with. Clyde and I watched it as well. I was most excited to learn things about the films that I hadn't picked up on. I'd remember alot more since the past film was just watched and parts of the other movies would fall into place. For example I noticed that King Theoden, tells his neice, in Two Towers and then again in Return of the King, "I know your face." Lord of the Rings is one of my favorite series. I find myself putting in one of the films during the Wardlings nap time to do my chores to. (Actually I only get to watch 1/2 of on of the films, because they are so long.) Clyde roasted us a beautiful hen to eat. Next year we hinted @ a rabbit (not really) stew with some po-ta-toes in honor of the film. I enjoyed the family time. I even started and nearly completed a baby sweater. I just got bored, so I didn't finish it.
We, well, I had a great new years day and now it is back to our regularly scheduled programming...

No comments: