Thursday, January 8, 2009

knitting galore

Blog reading proved to be interesting yesterday. I had seen this freebie headwrap pattern before, and just cataloged it in my 'want to make someday list' but had forgotten it until I saw it again on a knitting blog yesterday. I printed out the pattern and got to working last night after dinner, while Clyde took the Wardlings to scouts and activity day girls.
It needs to be completely finished, with weaving in the ends, sewing buttons on, and blocking, but I like the way it turned out. The yarn I used was a 4 ply worsted weight yarn and I think that it'd do better with 2 strands knitted together. Chunky yearn would just make it too thick and bulky. (this is cool for those gals, or fellas really, with long hair. You can throw your hair in a pony tail and just wrap this on.) It is sweet. I'll document, w/ pictures on a head once it is finished.

I just hadn't posted this of the family on Christmas eve with our finger foods. We usually only have finger foods it seems on holidays. why is that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Clyde wearing?

ashley said...

his father's day apron. isn't he adorable?!