Wednesday, January 28, 2009

goats milk soap

I have been itching to make more soap. I made several batches of Goats milk soap this year for Christmas gifts, with none to spare. (If you got soap from me and you weren't sure what kind it was now you know. It was Goat's milk soap in one of 3 scents...Honey/ Oat, Lavender Oatmeal, or Peppermint. And- I am curious to know if you liked it...feedback s'il vous plait.) I made another batch of it yesterday. Goats milk soap helps with eczema and dry skin. Our speech gal said that it was clearing up her acne. Added perk! It is way gentle on delicate skin too. This time I made Lavender Oatmeal, but with different combinations. Lavender/ Vanilla Oatmeal, Lavender/ Peppermint Oatmeal, and plain Lavender Oatmeal. (The oatmeal is an exfoliant, BTW) Our house smelled so good yesterday afternoon. Josh couldn't decide if he liked the fragrance or not...so he got a closer whiff.
He came to the conclusion that he wasn't a huge fan of Lavender.

Aren't they beautiful?!
Then after dinner, I gave Jacob and Penny hair cuts. Jacob has wanted his hair to 'stand-up' so in order to do that, it had to be shorter. I got our our trusty clippers and buzzed his hair. (Thankfully the glue from his ER visit @ the beach, fell out after his nap yesterday.) After his shower, we gelled it and spiked it up. He was way thrilled. Whenever scissors come out both Erin and Penny want hair cuts. I opted out of giving Erin a trim, because of the time, but Penny's was a quick trim. Her hair is so fuzzy and is still breaking, so it needed some shaping. I think it turned out adorable. She has such the cutest bob hair cut face, I must say.

1 comment:

maylee said...

I love my family!! You guys are soooo cute!