Wednesday, January 28, 2009

my baby is a young woman now!

Time seems to just fly bye. I don't seem to notice it until one of my Wardlings has a birthday. Twelve years ago, an amazing blessing came with the birth of Erin. I remember thinking right as she was born and we were told that we had a girl, that "that's what I really wanted." She was beautiful! Still is for that matter. Clyde had suggested the name of Erin and it just seemed right. He also suggested her middle name...Bean. That one took some convincing, as I wanted Lindsay. (I think it was because Nirvana's Kurt Cobain's new daughter's name was Frances Bean and Clyde is a HUGE Nirvana fan.) So, after 31 hours of labor, out came our Erin, wide eyed. Her big brown eyes looked up at us, the instant her head was delivered. This should've been a clue as to her curiosity. We are blessed to have Erin in our lives. We love you Erin Bean. Happy 12th birthday!

Erin got this really pretty dress from my folks this year. She needed a pair of nice Sunday shoes, and I found 2! (Who doesn't love shoes?) She also told us hintingly that she wanted the sweet pea collection from Bath & Body Works. Jacob, Penny, and I grabbed her some this week. Josh drew her a picture and origami'd up a house for Erin to color. How sweet. Clyde had Erin choose our meal tonight...Chinese. Lovely! The best gift of all though came from Libby. At their elementary school, they are given these green tickets for good behavior. Libby saved up all of her tickets to buy Erin the puppy dog. It took 75 tickets to buy it. Clyde asked Libby how many tickets she could earn in one day and she said maybe 2-3. How sweet are my Wardlings?! Libby could've chosen anything for herself and yet showed her love for her sister. Oh- do I love my family!

Tonight was Erin's first night @ Young Women's. It was a murder mystery that was related to the BOM. She had so much fun!
Happy Birthday sweet Erin!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! Hope you had a wonderful day! Your first YWs night sounds like a lot of fun!
The Sellmer Family

Anonymous said...

Smells Like Teen Spirit Clyde. The wife is telling all your secrets. Happy Birthday Erin.