Friday, November 7, 2008

salt to an opened wound

So, I have about a gazillion things that I need to do today. A gazillion I say. ( I don't want to do them, so I am sincerely stalling.) The first order of business this morning, was taking the boy Wardlings back to the dentist. Our appointment was an early appointment. We waited and waited for an hour past our appointment time, when I went to the receptionist and told her that we were @ the hour mark and if it was much longer, I WAS GOING TO SCREAM MY HEAD OFF...not really but, that's what I was thinking. I told her that we'd have to reschedule, but in a very upset tone. I mean really, in the world of dr.'s offices, is the wait necessary? I have AN APPOINTMENT. If I am 15 minutes late, then we are asked to reschedule. I think that in the reverse situation, they should not make you pay for your visit or simply pay you for the time lost, @ their going rate. That shoulda been a clue as what this appointment would be like. We finally get back to our private room this time, where Josh has to have his two lower k-9 teeth removed, (Remember...big teeth, little mouths?) to allow for his permanent lower 4 to have room to sufficiently come in. One of his teeth came out sweetly. The other one, however, didn't. The tooth came out, but the root cracked and broke, leaving it in his gum. He had to have an x-ray to see if the root was just short or if it was lodged in his gum. It was broken and stuck. The dentist pryed and pryed, giving him 2 more shots to completely numb the spot, to no success. She referred us to an oral surgeon to get the root out. And- when I called the oral surgeon, their office is closed on Fridays. Of course...add salt to an opened wound. Thankfully we got an Rx for some antibiotics and some tylenol avec codeine, to help with any discomfort. Josh was a good sport, considering he had 2 non wiggly teeth pulled this morning.

Then it was Jacob's turn. He had to have a facial filling and usually is quite the grump, requiring a papoose. He did just fine, once the laughing gas took effect. Meanwhile, Plus one and Penny were @ their wits end. Plus one didn't stop interrupting or SCREAMING & crying while we were waiting. I thought that this appointment would go just as smoothly as the last. I WAS WRONG! way wrong for that matter. Penny was exhausted, since we were still there @ the peek of her usual nap time, so the overdrive of wiggles has set in. She was also climbing on everything with and without wheels that she could.

Thankfully we are all home, now, with 3 fourths of the children currently napping. This will hopefully allow me some time to run around like a seriously mad woman to prepare for our upcoming weekend of hell. That's right hell. I am looking forward to a few fun events of this weekend, but it is the never ending drama and stress that will most certainly weigh it down, as it usually does. Why are things so complicated? Why does there have to be so much drama, and in most cases simply for drama's sake? Why can't things go smoothly and uneventfully? You know, no broken bones, garage doors working as they should, finding that matching sock that has been MIA, and complete teeth coming out in their entirety? Do I think that this is just some spice to add flavor? Yes, but sometimes, I like life bland, plain, and simple. And I'm off...

1 comment:

Cyndie said...

That sounds awful. I don't know why it's so hard for doctor's offices to schedule no more patients than they have time to see. It's such a drag.