Friday, November 21, 2008

1st place



This morning we were invited to attend Libby's Honor Roll celebration breakfast. We were all so very proud of our Libby getting on the A-B Honor Roll. Jacob, Penny, and I waited in the library for Libby to join us. When I went up to the table to make plates for Jacob and Penny, our Principal asked me where Libby was. (Our principal knows every child's name in our school AND knew that I was her mother on sight. Our old Principal knew me too, but not from a positive standpoint.) Anyway, there was another teacher serving oj and she said, "oh- this is Libby's Mom? Libby is the 5th Grade Science Fair winner." What?! I was so very happy!! When I saw Libby walk into the library with her friends, I grabbed, hugged her, and asked her if she knew that she was the winner. She told me she just found out and went to show her teacher. SO, Libby's project goes on to the county level. Go Libby!

The other teacher was concerned because she thought that someone had taken off something in the far left corner. We had left it blank because, to be honest we didn't have anything else to put there. The teacher said that we'd have to add something, but would be in touch with us. I was impressed. Libby's project won over turning lemons into electricity and another one using batteries. There was another one with fruit loops and which sugary things lead to tooth decay. We are all very proud!





3 comments:

Mary said...

Excellent, Libby! Good luck at County competition!
Mary

Cathy said...

Congratulations, Libby!! Way to go!!

The Hickens

maylee said...

i have the smartest niece on the planet!!!!!