Thursday, November 6, 2008

rebirth of george washington

Clyde's 8th grade class had a field trip here to the Emerald City to visit the museum of history. To make the day more complete, Clyde wanted to dress-up like George Washington. Thankfully, we have a lovely friend who owns a costume shop and she let us borrow a costume for the day. (See George Washington in the back??)
I was a bit hesitant to see if Clyde would actually sport the costume all day...he did...tights and all! (To be honest, I was surprised that the knee-high tights were able to stretch enough to go over my Clyde's calves. Go spandex!) The young Wardlings, plus one, and I took the fellas lunch and boy were we thrilled to see Clyde!

He was gracious enough to try it on for me the night before. What a rockin teacher Clyde is. I never had teachers dress-up for historical field trips. Clyde rocks!
Saturday Clyde and I were checking out craigslist. Penny wanted to play with the camera and this is what she captures. Can you tell I was tired after a long day @ the zoo??
Just about the time Clyde arrived home from his big field trip yesterday, he and his pal J. Jessup were out the door to go to a Duke game! The seats were super sweet too! Clyde came home 1- exhausted but b- thrilled to have been really close to Coach K. Thanks J.Jessup for the spectacular night...it made Clyde's week! :)



1 comment:

maylee said...

Yes, what a fantastic brother i have. I bet his kids will remember him for years! But i was thinking, he didnt need to sport that white wig..all he had to do really, was just grow his own hair out a bit :o!