Monday, November 10, 2008

reunion @ the park

Saturday there was a family reunion of sorts in the park. We Wardlings, almost in entirety, joined in the festivities. We played, ate, and made statues out of playdough. Now, I am not a fan of playdough. I seem to remember a post not to long ago, titled. "death to playdough." It was fun to play with OUTSIDE! Bam suggested that we all make a statue out of playdough. So, the majority of us dug in. We gathered around the table and began to play and create. Bam said that it was hard not to make something obscene. She settled on the Angel Moroni, because it was either something obscene or the Angel Moroni, like there wasn't middle ground. We were at the park for nearly 3 hours. The Wardlings were filthy from play. I loved seeing Clyde's family and getting to play with the nieces, that we haven't seen since they left our house in February.

While we were @ the park this boy and girl, with their dog, randomly sat the table with all the food. Their dog was going crazy, because 1- he was sitting near a bucket of chicken. (the smell of it must've driven him crazy) and b- because children were running by him. The dog began to bark and kinda snap at any child, mine included who walked by him. At one point, I yelled out, in my mother voice, "Hey- watch your dog...If he hurts one of my children, I hurt the dog!" The boy and girl didn't move. They just sat right there making non smarmy remarks. If they were hungry and wanted food, then that was fine, but do not bring a feisty dog around my children. Mama bear just might attack. Anyway, after Clyde sat right beside them, they did finally wander off. What was that about? I did feel a bit embarrassed for yelling @ strangers, but I wasn't going to let this dog bite any child.

2 comments:

Cyndie said...

They sat right down at your table? With a dog?

Wow. That's one friendly family you have!

ashley said...

with their dog. odd huh?