Monday, November 10, 2008

22 pools?

The hotel that we stayed in had 22 pools. Why 22? Don't know...maybe they are so busy during the summer that they had to come up with pools to accommodate the masses. Some of the pools were mini pools, or hot tubs, but were still counted amongst the 22. There were several lazy rivers, a few heated indoor ones and several outside. If the weather would have been warmer or if it were July, the kiddie one outside would've been the place to go. It had a submarine thingy, like a few of the parks here in the Emerald City that looked like a ton of fun. After the family party @ the park, Penny and the Wardlings were ready to go to the pool. Penny had been signing 'pool' all morning and was even a grump @ the flea market that we went to Sat. morning, just because she wanted to swim. They were all exhausted afterwards and Jacob hung his head and expressed it..."I want to go home. I don't want to swim anymore. I want these armies off..." but then ran and jumped right back in the water. What a clown.

The indoor lazy river was a hit, except with Jacob. He was afraid to swim over the things that were making the lazy river move. The older girls took turns keeping up with Penny in the water. Some girl swam by Libby and kicked her in the nose. I grabbed photos as the Wardlings swooshed by me, in the lazy river, hence their silly faces below. I forgot my swimsuit, and was feeling poopy @ that point, so getting in the water wasn't an option for me. I had fun simply watching.

Once the Wardlings were officially worn out, we took them back up to our room, dried them off, got them into pj's and tucked them into bed. Sammy was cool enough to come to our room and watch the Wardlings sleep, so that Clyde, Maylee, Jared and I could go on a double date to the delicious-o seafood buffet. All I can say is, CRAB LEGS! Yum! Maylee liked the meat but was totally grossed out by the barbaricness of breaking the legs to get the meat. Pass me the leg cracker! All worth it to me! All I ate were the crab legs. I did have to tap out after my share of them. I had begun to lose my voice by then and a cold began to settle in. It was hillarious to hear Clyde and Maylee tell werewolf stories of their childhood. We closed down the restaurant. Once we got back to the hotel, I went straight to bed...clothes & all. What a busy day!

No comments: