Sunday, November 23, 2008

primary program

Today was our Ward's annual Primary Program. I think that it went really well, with all the children singing their hearts out and saying their lines, some even memorizing them. I really enjoy Primary programs. It is so sweet to see the children up on the stand in those big chairs wiggling away. Their messages have always been touching. I have been thankful to have been apart of the Primary program in our ward, for the past 4 years. I am glad though that the stress is gone about the preparations, line changes, music changes, seating arrangements, can the ctr-5 class hold pictures up? etc. Whew- it's over. :)!!

I made the girls each a new dress for today. I made Penny's back in August and have just saved it for cooler weather. I had enough fabric, left over from Penny's dress, to make Libby's jumper. A year ago or so, I taught a sewing class. One of the girls had this really pretty micro-suede embroidered fabric. I liked it so much that I went and bought some for my stash. (I waited until it went on sale and bought what was left.) It was my luck that there was enough for a skirt for Erin. I took Erin's measurements and made her skirt without a pattern! I was impressed with myself. I also made Penny's pink peasant dress and Libby's shirt under her jumper. I made Erin a cute top, but it just didn't work out. It came down too low in the front, so I'll have to adjust it before she can wear it. I wanted to make my boys each a tie, but time slipped away from me. Soon. I have promised myself that soon I'll make their ties. They are easy, I just have to do it. Soon, I say.

4 comments:

Cyndie said...

Did you make Erin's skirt? I was admiring it (and yours) yesterday!

You did a great job on the program. It had such a nice spirit.

ashley said...

i did make erin's skirt...and the one that i wore yesterday. you did a fabulous job with the music!!

dena4kids said...

Cute dresses! I haven't made anything in a long time! I love that fabric!

ashley said...

me too. it was so nice to work with...pinwale corduroy with embroideries all over it!