Tuesday, September 16, 2008

jedi masterpiece

Yesterday was the first day of Speech, outside the home, for Penny. I'm not too impressed with the facility or the reception of people. The speech gal, Ms. Leslie was nice and I hope that Penny does well. We'll see her again another time this week.
Clyde found this little notebooks on sale this past week. He grabbed an entire box of them, thinking that they would make the perfect drawing book during sacrament. Jacob drew this masterpiece:
He drew himself, Josh, and Clyde as Jedi's as well as the tall "wishionary." How creative!
Clyde gave me a bouquet of flowers for my birthday, along with those rockin' shoes in which I wear all the time. Aren't the flowers beautiful?!! I am working on some Christmas things and using this yarn. It is so soft. I do think that I am a smidge allergic though. When I first started the project, I got one of the most wickedest colds I have ever had. I had cleaned the girls room and gone through some things in the garage, so it may have been a combination of everything, but the yarn was the topper. I have since used it and no problems. Maybe I am now immune to it. Let's hope so, there are many things to come from this beautiful peony, alpaca yarn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hank had Miss Leslie for speech. She did an ok job, but her husband was battling cancer at the time so I cut her some slack when I thought she wasn't as into it as I thought she should be.

I didn't like how the school system was limited as to what problems they could address because of all their rules. I prefered the private speech at moses cone where they could tackle whatever problem they found more prevalent. Thankfully our insurance covered most of the private speech.

Anyway, long comment, but I hope Penny has a great time with Miss Leslie.

ashley said...

we have a private speech therapist, which insurance covers, as well. She comes to our house even @ least 3 days per week, with the option for a 4th. I like having them both, that way we can get the most out of speech for penny as well. I agree about the school system speech and their limits.