Saturday, September 13, 2008

alright already

I did it...I read the great Twilight series. I finished the last book last night. So, within the past 7 days, I read 3 & 4. I am so glad that I didn't get into the series right away. Let me explain...I think that the wait between books would've driven me nutsy. As it was, I was able to order book by book from amazon.com and have the entire series @ my bidding, resting comfortably on the book shelf. I had a few things that needed to be finished up, like: secret projects & bridal party alterations to complete before I could sit down and read. I actually had 3 of the 4 books, before I began the series. I obtained the 4th book a week after it was released and thanks to a 20% off deal and a $10 gift card that we had in our possession for over a year, I was able to buy the book for under $5. That was cheaper than amazon. Have I mentioned that I adore amazon.com?
Now onto the books. I really enjoyed the story! My Mom had introduced the Twilight books to me several months ago and was curious to know, in every phone call if I had started the books yet. I found myself totally engrossed with the story. I turned page after page with thirst, if you will forgive the word, to know what happened next. I have to say that in some parts, I wanted a bit more to happen, mainly in books 1 & 2. That may be the Harry Potter fan in me though. Big things always happened in that series. (Harry Potter will have to be another rambling because I am quite angry with the releasing of the 6th film or lack there of this season.) Once I completely finished up, I wanted there to be more. I didn't want the story to end. This may be a series to read way more than once...dare I say...classic?! I am anxiously awaiting the serious Girls Night Out with the release of the film, now in November. :)!!

No comments: