Monday, September 1, 2008

labor day

I cannot believe that it is already September. Where have the previous months gone? This was a very quiet Labor Day holiday for us. I went to lay Penny down for a nap this afternoon and I bet I was asleep before she was. Clyde and Jacob took a nap together too. I was awoken by the kids telling me that Maylee had arrived. Penny and I got up and I began our hot dog lunch. Once Clyde had awoken, he set up our volleyball net that Cheryl had given us as a housewarming gift. We love it! The Wardlings were outside all day today. They played bad mitten, volleyball, & tennis. Anything that required a ball to play with, they played it all day long. Maylee was a good sport too. She played with the Wardlings while I made lunch. What a good auntie she is! A friend Holly and her children also stopped by to say a quick hello.
Clyde had a project to complete over the weekend. He had to make a collage based around a quote from Rebecca West. "It is sometimes very hard to tell the differences between history and the smell of a skunk." This is what he came up with. He stuck mainly on the political side of that quote. I think that it turned out nicely.
After the collage was finished and our Maylee had left, it was back outside for some more volleyball.
After prayer tonight, Penny hung around for a minute to chat with Clyde. I love tender moments like these!


No comments: