Sunday, September 7, 2008

they say it's your birthday...

It's my birthday too. That's right folks, today is my birthday. Since today is also Sunday, Clyde and I celebrated my big day with a date last night. We had a gal from church come over and sit with the Wardlings. We then headed out for dinner. I wanted Clyde to try Jason's deli, the deli that some gal pals and I went to on one of our girl's night. It is a great place. Then we cruised Friendly shopping center for some us time. We happened into an outdoor shop and I just fell in love with these shoes. I had seen them before and I loved them then, but last night the love just grew and grew. Clyde got the clerk to bring out my size and I tried them on and the fit like a glove, a glove I tell you. Clyde said that I was so cute trying on the shoes that he knew that would be my birthday gift. Once he paid for them and we left the store, he asked where else I wanted to go. I told him immediately that I wanted to go to the car and put on my new shoes. I wore them for the rest of the night, just in heaven. Aren't they adorable?? Ahhh...shoes!!
Today was nice. We went to church as usual. It went alright. I got a new visiting teaching route, with no companion. What's the deal with that? Clyde baked my birthday cake before we left this morning for church. Then this afternoon, when we got home, Libby iced it. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Who could ever go wrong with chocolate? Clyde, Penny, and I took a peaceful nap together and when we woke up, it was cake time.
I told the Wardlings that all I wanted for my birthday was a clean house. We spent yesterday day, cleaning, mopping, washing clothes, folding clothes, etc. etc. The house looked great. I love the smell of Murphy's oil soap. We washed the banisters with it, the doors, everything that we could, we did. Josh gave me an awesome gift. He sang me a song, "My Country tis of Thee." What a great 29th birthday...for the 3rd time. :)

3 comments:

maylee said...

Shoes...Ahhh, what a way to a girls heart! I called you last night, but Clyde just kept talking to me...then he would ask me if i wanted to talk to you and tell you happy birthday, which i told him that i did, and he would just keep talking, then he had another phone call so had to go....So, i'll call ya later in the afternoon, but happy birthday, glad it was fanstastic! And Happy birthday now to our awesome Penny!!

becca said...

jason's deli is one of our favorite places- free ice cream and those tiny muffins... mmm... happy birthday!

ashley said...

thanks gals! i look forward to your call maylee.