Sunday, September 28, 2008

obama-rama

Yesterday afternoon, Clyde wanted to take us downtown to see a piece of history. Obama was in town and so he thought it would be memorable for the Wardlings to see/ hear a Presidential candidate. We didn't get there in time to actually see Obama, but we could hear his speech from our van. We watched a part of it on tv, before we left. Clyde was determined to get a t-shirt for his t-shirt collection. We shopped from our car and bought a t-shirt or 2 from these fellas here on the curb...what curb-side service!
As we drove through down town of the Emerald City, we caught a glimpse of the crowd, as they were leaving. Look @ how many people were there! There was an estimated 18,000 folks present for the rally.
This is great! On the same day as the Obama rally, there was a McCain rally just a few blocks away. What courage of these people! There was a McCain/ Palin poster as well as a Nader/ Gonzalez poster @ the Obama rally.
On the drive home from the rally, from Costco, and Garden Ridge, this is how the sky looked. It was so dark and gloomy. Bits and pieces of the sky were bright and cheerful, where others looked like this:
Penny gave up and fell asleep before 7:30 last night. She hadn't had a nap and was simply exhausted.
Earlier in the day, before Clyde got home from his class, I had stared organizing the boys' clothes. I have saved a bunch of things in a variety of sizes. They had a bit of a fashion show for me as I determined what fit and what didn't. Since I have rotten, horrible allergies, my eyes began to act up. They were red, swollen, runny, and itchy. My right eye was nearly swollen shut. I had taken my zyrtec before we left for the rally and it kinda worked. Once we were home from our errands, I had to go upstairs and finish the boys' room. There were clothes all over the bed and others in boxes that needed to be put back into the closet. My eyes began all over again. They were red, swollen, runny, itchy, but to the point that I couldn't see very well. Libby asked me, @ dinner, if I wanted another zyrtec. The medicine is a 24hour thing, but it didn't last that long yesterday. Seasonal allergies are the pits! ( I didn't document the red eyes...I looked like Rocky Balboa after fighting Apollo Creed. Scary!)

No comments: