Wednesday, September 24, 2008

old school kicks!

As the seasons change, it is time to dig through all our saved clothes in the attic. It is amazing how much I have saved. I am so grateful for hand-me-downs and for the things that have been gifted us. (Have I mentioned that I love having an attic?!) These two Wardlings feet have been growing and growing lately. Yesterday we went shopping, from the attic. In the big box of shoes that I have saved, I found these beauties. Auntie Maylee got these shoes for our boys one year for their birthdays. Josh was thrilled to get his and wore his, til his little toes were crammed in the top. We have brought the lovely old school kicks back to life. Jacob can wear Josh's old ones and Penny can wear Jacob's old ones. They are a bit big on both of them, but not too big that they will trip in them. They were proud to sport them today!

Today, we didn't have Blaklee. We used the one less child to run and do some errands, mainly Christmas shopping @ the mall. I hate the mall now. Usually everything I need comes from another store, however, I noted the sale on jewelry @ JCPenney, in Sunday's paper. They have advertised, 50% off their sterling silver jewelry, with an additional 15% off. It was worth the trip. Since, we are out and about earlier than the mall opens, we went to Costco to get gas. Their gas station opens @ 6:30am, so I knew that I could still get gas, even if the store wasn't open. When I drove around to pump the gas, I found that the pumps were closed. What?!! I stopped and read the note attached to the pumps. Apparently, with the hurricanes and fuel prices, Costco was unable to buy enough fuel to keep the pumps open. I am hoping that this is simply temporary. I drove around to the gas station beside Costco to buy our gas. There they were out of the 89 grade of gas.
Isn't this a crazy time to be in? Gas prices are now $3.75 + per gallon. It makes me angry each time we have to put gas in our cars. This is insane!

2 comments:

Shena said...

bummer! I was going to go tomorrow!

ashley said...

well, saved you a trip!