Tuesday, September 2, 2008

goodbye yellow brick road

I have wanted to paint our downstairs bathroom since we first saw the house. It is an obnoxious big bird yellow. It is so yellow brick road, that it hurts your eyes first thing in the morning, yellow. I like the color yellow. I like it so much that I painted our living room yellow, but a much softer yellow. Not this bright, fluorescent yellow. Today was the day to change it. I have debated for months what color to paint it. I originally thought that I wanted it light pink on the top of the chair rail and a light brown on the bottom. Then I re-thought it. Instead I chose to do it a neutral brownish color.
This is the bathroom this morning:
And this is the bathroom this evening.

I really like it. It makes the bathroom look so much better. It does make it a bit darker above the throne, so I'll have to come up with something to lighten it up a bit more. I thought that I could get my pink into the bathroom through accessories, instead of paint. I'm still not 100% finished. I need to re-paint the chair rail white. It just needs a fresher coat. I also need to do a few touch ups to completely cover the yellow. It took more paint than I had originally thought. Overall, I am quite pleased with myself.
I didn't tell Clyde that I was planning on painting the bathroom today. As I said, I wanted it to be a surprise. He had a class tonight, so I wanted to make dinner, as another surprise. I made a chicken pasta salad thing. It actually turned out nicely and all the Wardlings ate it very well. When Clyde finally noticed the bathroom, he said that he smelled something, but just figured that it was my dinner. What The Poop!! My chicken pasta smelled like paint?! 1-That doesn't say very much for my cooking, or b-Clyde's sense of smell now does it?:)

2 comments:

maylee said...

Holy cow, that bathroom looks amazing! Great job Super Ashley! Wow, you never cease to amaze me!

becca said...

Love the new color in the bathroom- and the pink accents. nice work.