Thursday, May 14, 2009

wednesday adventures

Yesterday, we went to the zoo with our Plus One, Plus One's sister and mom. The above photo (taken by the Lion exhibit) is my favorite of the day.

The giraffes, zebras and ostriches were really close today. We just learned that the new male and female giraffe got new names. {It would be cool if I remembered them.} There will be a new "Feed a Giraffe" exhibit opening soon. That would be fun to do again. Josh and I were able to feed a giraffe @ the Lazy 5 Ranch last spring.

It must be a boy thing to want to climb everything that they can. Jacob was climbing everything @ the zoo...railings, trees, statues, rocks anything that stood still- which got the girls wanting to climb everything. Boys! Maybe it is Jacob's new Mohawk that has given him his climbing inspiration.
Now...on the the main event....That's right loyal Star Wards readers- Mastodon. Clyde and his pal, P to the B, went to see Mastodon last night. Clyde said that he thought it would be funny to take me to this concert...concerts not really being my thing, because this group is EXTREMELY LOUD. Clyde said it would be hilarious to see me sitting @ the concert, knitting. I am so thankful to P to the B for being Clyde's concert buddy. Thank you P to the B!
After heckling the band with "Hot for Teacher," Clyde and P to the B, hung out after the show in hopes of meeting some of the band members. The drummer hung out and was way cool says Clyde. And- after seeing the flame tattoo on the drummers neck, it has inspired me never to get a tattoo on my neck. I mean is he so awesome that he is busting out in flames? And fellas...have you gotten your hearing back?


And the most important of our events for Wednesday happened around 4:30 yesterday afternoon... Yellow has made it safely home to us. She drives way smoother than before...and really she should after having @ least 9 new parts installed. The auto shop where yellow was repaired even delivered her to us...free of charge, along with all the parts and labor...all free. I am so grateful! Time to write a few thank you notes.

Welcome home Yellow. Welcome home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Picking on Mastodon is a dangerous undertaking, I warn you. To tell you the truth I am thinking about some flame tattoos on my neck.
-Clyde

ashley said...

ha ha about the neck tattoo. we wouldn't be able to see it, due the complete lovliness that is your chest hair.

Julee said...

Hi! Good news that "Yellow" is all fixed. Check your email....I sent a photo projection of Clyde and his buddies in a couple of years! Love, Auntie Jul