Saturday, May 23, 2009

the highness

My brother, K, and his wife, M, are having a baby boy in July. In celebration of this joyous event, my Mom, sister R, and sister-in-law T, and I threw K & M a baby shower last night. Clyde met me @ our old church building where the shower was to be, with Erin so that he could take the 3 younger wardlings home. Jacob was not happy that he couldn't stay for the shower. Clyde delicately explained that showers were thrown by women, for the women who were about to 'crap out a baby.' Jacob promptly said, "Dad, ladies don't crap out babies. Josh and I know, babies crawl out of women's the highness." Clyde was then at a loss for words...through the laughing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things they teach kids on Sesame Street these days!!

Julee said...

I love this story! I wish I would have written down all the wonderful things that students have said over the years. I guess that's why I love to work with them. They are precious, and so funny! Good thing you are documenting them on your blog. You forget them over the years. Take care and stay on "snake alert!" Now that the birds have flown the coop, I've got more time to work on flirty skirts---getting some made for the Spokane cousins now. Only 4 more days of school for us. Yipee! Tell all hello!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Where are the chorus pictures from last night?