Wednesday, May 13, 2009

pop art

I have wanted a pop art rolling pin for some time now. After learning that one of our speech therapist's husband is an awesome woodworker, I asked about making us a rolling pin. I am so very pleased with how it turned out. It is very heavy and close to 3 feet long. The woodworker came yesterday, with his wife, P's Speech therapist, and installed it for me. Oh it is so very pretty!

Here was our red lettuce. We made our first harvest yesterday and are looking forward to some yummy salads this week. Our herbs are plugging along too...see the oregano behind the lettuce! It survived the winter, along with the mint and rosemary!

Clyde's social studies classes are studying about Asia. He wanted his students to make a shirt with some Chinese writing on it. This is what we came up with for Mr. Ward. It says, Ward Clyde. It looked really cool this morning after the paint had dried completely. I hope that his class has fun making them this week after their EOG's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my mom BTA once with a rolling pin.

Maylee said...

I WANT ONE OF THOSE ROLLING PIN THINGYS!!!!! Wow, that's cool! I want a Chinese shirt too..wait, on second thought, there's no telling what Clyde would have mine say....

Julee said...

Fun! I've got an antique glass rolling pin that I love. You have given me an idea about how to display it! Cool! As for the Chinese Calligraphy, when I was teaching Art classes it was one of the favorite units I taught. The students thought it was so cool! I just had them do the symbols, stroke by stroke for peace, happiness, good health, etc. It's very easy to do with a little black paint! Take Care! Love, Auntie Jul