Friday, May 8, 2009

crunch pop crash

My brother and his wife are having a baby this year, which means a Baby shower. I have to give a HUGE shout out to my good friend Mary for making the fronts to these cards. Mary made them and all I had to do was adhere the fronts to the cards. Mary, you are way too kind and you did a most beautiful job! Thank you, thank you, Thank you!! (Look- she even embossed the fronts of the cards...ahhh the detail!)
We have had a toy basket in the living room for some time now. A few years ago, Clyde and I bought this old toy chest for $5 @ a yard sale. It does need some TLC. The wee Wardlings had fun re-discovering the toys that they haven't seen in a year. I plan on sanding and painting this chest a red soon.

I am being very strict about the removal of toys. What comes out must go back in after play. Otherwise there will be a toy chest worth of toys all over the floor and I don't want that. I couldn't bag up as many toys as I originally thought I could, simply because of the tears that began to flow as I bagged them up. That'll be a nite time thing when the Wardlings are asleep.

And now that brings us to Yellow. We love our yellow. Clyde signed us up to go on our Stakes Trek this year. We are a Pa and Ma. This past Sunday was a mtg for the trek. On our way to the Stake Center something happened to Yellow. There was a crunch-pop-crash-break sound. Of course I was driving and pulled over. Something just didn't feel right. Clyde drove yellow to the church and we went to our mtg. I felt sick in the mtg., thinking that something horrible happened and that we'd have to sell a kidney to pay for the repairs.
Clyde took part of Monday off so that we could take Yellow to our mechanic. They put Yellow up on the lifter and immediately told us what happened. The first question they asked was if we had just gotten a new clutch on Yellow. The answer was yes, the week we bought yellow a brand new clutch had been installed. Well it turns out that the people who put in the clutch didn't install it correctly. The mount holding the clutch in fell out, causing the upper and lower transmission mount to fall out and break, it broke the CV joint and shaft on the left side, and ripped out the radiator hose...oh and it caused the motor to drop by at least 2 inches. $1200 worth of damage...with 9 new parts that have to be shipped in from the VW factory in Florida. That's when we made a few phone calls. We called our dealer, knowing that we bought the car as is, but wanted help in pursuing the mechanic who replaced the clutch. Long story short, after the dealer, along with our mechanic help here in the Emerald City, Yellow is seeing the car dr and getting mended. Everyone- the dealer, our mechanic, the repair shop that installed the clutch, was super dooper helpful and hopefully this will be resolved soon, with Yellow in full working order. The down side to this whole situation has been only having one car. It has been a long week. I am ever so grateful for having 2 cars!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of like having you at home, I know right where you are. All you need now is to get pregnant! Yowza!!
-clyde

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a total buster did the job.

gleehorse said...

WOW! That is horrible! You have to pay that? I hope not! :(:(:(

ashley said...

i hope not too!