Sunday, May 31, 2009

double standards

I have been Netflixing the TV series, The Gilmore Girls. I have enjoyed getting a new disc in the mail and selfishly watch them during nap time, usually whilst folding laundry (except the socks...I hate folding socks). I have noticed several things this season...season 4, that Lorelai has SO many double standards. Her most recent one is when she is so upset about Luke moving in with his wife, the next county over. Lorelai is beyond angry yelling @ him about being friends, and how friends tell each other things etc. etc., while in his diner-causing a ginormous dramatic scene. She goes on and on and leaves the diner angry. In the next few scenes Luke is shoveling Lorelai's walk and he lets her have it. I was applauding Luke. Here she is yelling @ him about not being in the loop and yet she hasn't told him of her new love interest in Jason, her Father's business partner. This got me to thinking...how many double standards do I have? I am not one to cast the first stone, because I have my share, especially where my children are concerned, like the whole Twilight thing, for example. When is it right/moral to have double standards?
Clyde says when it comes to kids, all rules are thrown out the window. (He thinks he is Dr. Phil.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll gladly start watching that show the minute those girls start making out. Hotcha!!