Saturday, May 9, 2009

flirty skirts

Today was a Girls Camp meeting for the adults going to camp this year. I was a bit fuzzy on a few of the details, so I brought Erin along with me. The meeting was to last from 9 in the morning, until 5 in the evening. A long bunch of meetings...Since the class, recycling and sanitation, that I was teaching ended around 11:30, Erin and I left. I am really excited for Girls Camp. I haven't been to Girls Camp, since Libby was the baby. I went with the branch in Asheville...twice actually. Those were adventures I must say. I will love getting to spend some time with Erin. Plus next year Libby will be there, which will be even more fun...me and my big girls. Wicked awesome fun! While @ the Colfax Ward building, I took the opportunity to visit my Uncle's grave. He passed away last winter, when we had our nieces living with us. I didn't feel it was appropriate to bring 5 children under the age of 5 to his funeral, so we didn't make it. I did go to his viewing the nite before. So, since we were there at the Colfax cemetary, I showed Erin where he was buried. Then as we walked back up to the shelter, I saw these big Brunswick Stew signs and instantly thought of my Grandparents. They made brunswick stew and sold it, as a ward to raise money to build the church buildings and to pay their percentage of the Washington DC temple. Each ward was responsible for a percentage, hence the fund-raiser. So, I remember my Grandpa Cecil wearing his plaid shirt and baseball cap coming out of the ward building one day, giving us some brunswick stew. I just had to document a piece of history.

When Erin and I got home, Clyde pointed to the big box on the floor. Auntie Jul's package arrived! {major squeals!!} Let me just say how excited the Wardlings were to open the package. Auntie Jul was too kind!! She sent flirty skirts that she made for each of our girls. They fit perfectly to boot. Penny got 2! oh- Mandy- we love the fabric choices...way sweet!! Auntie Jul was so thoughtful to include Spiderman caps for Josh and Jacob! Heavenly! They all loved the gifts... & all the tasty goodies that were also in the box. Thank You, Thank YOU!! And Auntie Jul- keep us posted on the baby birds please!

4 comments:

Auntie Jul said...

Hi Y'all! I'm so glad the package arrived. How cute you all look in your flirty skirts and spidey hats! I'm glad they fit! They were so much fun to make! Enjoy! Love, Auntie Jul

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the "flirty skirts." Are the girls old enough?

Anonymous said...

Brunswick stew!! Yes, I need some of that stuff right now. It is the ultimate southern elixer. With every bite, one's southern drawl becomes more pronounced.

ashley said...

the girls are old enough for those darn cute skirts! penny hasn't taken hers off. she loves them as do the big girls!